A Doctor Explains How to Make the Safest Face Mask at home: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6d3twpHwis
– made from a vacuum cleaner HEPA filter. It claims to be equally effective for N95 masks (95%). It is much more effective against viruses than regular cotton home-made last resort only masks (50%).
Another option: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnVk12sFRkY. This one allows for changeable insertable filters. The mask is washable and reusable.
How to clean and disinfect N95 hospital masks from viruses: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGEd3LVUFVU
167F heat for 30 min works well. UV-C light works well. Alcohol or bleach damages masks.
How to treat of a person infected with COVID-19 at home: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OW-39fg_6Ao
How to Protect Yourself…
Wash your hands frequently and before eating Use soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds. Pray once slowly: Our Father; Jesus, I Trust In You). If soap and water are not available, use a minimum 60% alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
Sanitize surfaces and avoid sick people Routinely clean frequently touched objects (doorknobs, keyboards, and phones) and avoid close contact (6 feet or less) with others who are sick.
Practice healthy habits Get plenty of restorative deep sleep, stay physically active, eat healthy, manage stress, try intermittent fasting twice a week (Wednesdays & Fridays), and drink plenty of healthy fluids to support your mucosal surfaces. If exposed to close contact with many people (e.g., work or shopping), take a warm shower before going to sleep. It will wash away most viruses and will keep them away from a pillow, and help lower the stress level. Turn OFF WiFi and cell phones for the night, which could be done automatically by putting a WiFi modem on a timer. Wireless radiation interferes with melatonin sleep hormone production.
Four essentials to stay healthy: diet, sleep, exercise, stress management. The latter is the most important one. Stress can be lowered through prayer, meditation, listening to Gregorian chant music, diaphragm deep breathing, spending time outdoors, and other ways.
Cultivate resilience: Keep positive thinking, laugh, find joy in ordinary things in life. Cultivate social connections: phone, email, FaceTime, reconciliation, forgiveness. Develop a sense of purpose and service in life. Pick up a new skill or a hobby, learn a new language, rest more, read more. Help others with shopping, errands, etc.
The people most at risk: If one is over 50, overweight, diabetic, has a heart condition, smoker, a compromised immune system.
Eat Foods that Boost your Immune System….
Yogurt – Plain, high-quality, organic yogurt. Be sure it states that it contains “live active cultures.”
Kefir is a probiotic-rich drink; it can be made with milk or water. When made with milk, it’s quite similar to thin yogurt. Use it with cereal, smoothies, or mix some jam in it and drink it by itself.
Fermented Foods like sauerkraut, kimchi, kombucha contain more of that good bacteria that help keep your gut microbiome in balance. It is thought that up to 70% of your immune system resides in your gut! It’s important to feed it with good bacteria.
Red Bell Peppers are extremely high in Vitamin C; bell peppers also contain a very high concentration of antioxidants and Vitamin A, which helps boost your immune system as well.
Sweet Potatoes are high in Vitamins A & C. As a bonus, sweet potatoes are high in beta-carotene and high in antioxidants.
Salmon, wild-caught, is incredibly high in Vitamin D, which is particularly important during the winter months when many of us don’t spend as much time outdoors. In addition, the healthy omega-3 fats in salmon help to reduce inflammation and improve your immune system’s function.
Fresh Ginger has very potent antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. Ginger warms the body, which is great for helping your body’s natural defenses against germs. It also helps break down toxins in your organs, making them less susceptible to infection. It also helps reduce nausea if you do get sick.
Bone Broth is full of vitamins and minerals that are easy to digest and easy for your body to use. It also is high in gelatin (from the bones) which makes it good for your gut health and helps in the absorption of those nutrients.
Mushrooms are high in nutrients and particularly good at fighting viral infections. They have a unique ability to stimulate our natural immune defenses.
Garlic has antibacterial, anti-fungal, & antiviral properties.
Garlic is also known to increase your body’s natural killer cells that help us fight off bad bugs.
Raw Honey has disease-fighting antioxidants that can help boost your immune system. It also has antibacterial properties that are great for cleaning up your digestive system.
Disclaimer: All the above, and on page 4, does not intend to make any claims regarding prevention or treatment of any disease or condition.
It is for informational purposes only. Do your own research. Consult a physician or other professional for treatment of any serious illness.
Ways to Cope with COVID 19…
Practice social distancing. Wash your hands often. Sanitize all surfaces in the house touched by people or potentially contaminated objects. Boost the immune system: drink a lot of warm liquids, lower stress, do mild exercise, get a good night’s sleep, keep in touch with family and friends from a distance. Pray a lot, laugh, supplement the diet with good probiotics, zinc, Vitamins D3 and C, and Omega 3. Wear a face mask when in crowds.
Given the coronavirus era, this docu-movie can be very enlightening to many people concerned about the health of their loved ones: https://thatvitaminmovie.com/movie/movie-full-delivery-free-screening/
The Corona Virus SARS – CoV-19 (Causing COVID-19 sickness) Personal Prevention & Protection Suggestions for Catholics
1) Situation evolves daily with the novel corona SARS-like virus SARS-CoV-2 causing COVID-19 illness. It is clear that our country lost the opportunity to contain the initial spread of the virus. We can now only mitigate the speed of the spread of the pandemic, as to not overwhelm the hospital system. As per the current government regulations, most group gatherings over 10 people are not allowed.Last week our Diocesan Bishop decreed that all public Masses are suspended for many weeks.They are celebrated by our parish priests daily for the intentions announced in the bulletin for that day, but are not publically announced, and are not to be open to congregation.
Practicing simple preventive steps will greatly help to keep it at bay and slow the rate of community infection.
The following updated policies and procedures are in place this week at our parish:
a) The church will be open: 12pm – 4pm on weekdays plus on Sunday. All requested and scheduled weekday 8:00 am and 6:15 pm Mass intentions are celebrated by parish priests on the same days, but at different unannounced times and with no congregation. Anyone who wants to reschedule the requested intention Mass time, please call the office for a new time slot for this summer or fall. Chaplet of the Divine Mercy may be played from a CD on Wednesdays at 3:00 pm.
Individual Confessions will be offered by appointment only. Penitents please wear a face mask, if possible.
b) All commonly used church doorknobs, push/pull levers, bathroom sinks and toilet seats are sanitized daily with commercial grade sanitizer.
c) Holy Water receptacles at all entrances of the church have been emptied and removed. Holy Water for individual use is available in the chapel in a large container with a spigot.
d) Anointing of the Sick and Holy Communion can be brought to the dying by a priest, if requested AND, if possible. Perfect Act of Contrition and Spiritual Holy Communion are always available to believers at any time and they can be practiced daily or more frequently.
e) Individuals or small clusters of people coming for private prayers are asked to keep a distance of minimum 6-8 feet from others in the pews, and most places for that matter.
f) We ask people to refrain from using the commonly shared pew held hymnals. All pew tops were sanitized this weekend. Do not touch the tops of pews, if possible, for your safety. Wall hand sanitizers should be installed soon at all entrances of the church and Father Cotter Hall. We ask people to use them upon entering.
g) More directions and suggestions will likely be coming in the days and weeks to come, which is always quicker through email.
Please always pray for the sick and one another. Fear not.
2) Below is some information compiled from various sources on practical natural ways to deal with prevention of CoVID-19 illness. Social distancing, proper hand washing, and boosting the body’s immune system are arguably best defenses against being infected at this time. One-time-use N95 or higher quality face masks and hand gloves can be helpful, but not essential. They do not completely stop the virus. Masks are definitely helpful for already infected people, slowing the spread of the virus. Boost the immune system in natural ways: take reliable Vitamin C (Liposomal is most effective) several times a day in large doses up to bowel tolerance. Take fat soluble Vitamins A, D3, E, K2. Take daily Zinc, Selenium, Magnesium. Getting a good night’s sleep on a regular basis is essential. Turn off WiFi and cell phones for the night to lower unhealthy radiation during sleep; it’s best to go to bed before 10pm. Drink a lot of filtered water or immune boosting herbal teas. Alkalize your body after waking up by drinking two glasses of well filtered non-fluoridated water with a table spoon of diluted raw unpasteurized apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, a pinch of cinnamon and pink Himalayan or Real salt. Eat organic food (including fermented, not processed) Limited dairy. Omega 3 (wild caught salmon, other fatty fish, organic coconut oil). Disinfect store vegetables in baking soda OR vinegar. Eliminate most sugar and all artificial sweeteners, as they significantly weaken the immune system. Clean air with a good HEPA filter, best if it also has UV light to kill viruses. Practice frequent deep diaphragmal breathing, intermittent fasting, mild exercise and stretching. Apply regular prayer, meditation, and laughter to lower stress. Wash hands often in warm water and soap for at least 20 seconds or, if that is not possible, apply a minimum 60% alcohol-based sanitizer gel. Avoid touching your face. (Rule of thumb: touch face with your elbow only : ). Lower fear and anxiety levels. (Love conquers fear and stress and keeps bad viruses at bay). Watch and read positive constructive news media and articles. Sing. Dance. Pray daily. Spend time outside in the sun. Walking barefoot on the grass or ground for even a few minutes grounds our body with healthy negative ions.
Additional suggestions Avoid unnecessary public transportation travel. Avoid gatherings of large groups in enclosed space. If possible: use telemedicine; avoid visiting doctors’ offices and hospitals. One option to inquire about testing for the virus is https://www.getroman.com/coronavirus/. Get enough essential food and essential supplies for at least a month. This is mostly to keep the stress level down to reasonable minimum, which will help to keep the immune system strong. Stay healthy,
change the lifestyle and daily habits, to withstand additional
stressors of COVID-19.
Suggestions for Prevention and Protection from COVID-19
An excerpt from the article, Natural Protection Strategy Against Viruses, Including The Coronavirus by Charles Bens, PhD
1) Vitamin C Coronavirus: Exploring Effective Nutritional Treatments, Andrew W. Saul, Orthomolecular News Service; January 30, 2020. This article is based on more than 30 clinical studies confirming the antiviral power of vitamin C against a wide range of flu viruses over several decades. Vitamin C inactivates the virus and strengthens the immune system to continue to suppress the virus. In many cases, oral supplementation up to 10,000 mg daily can create this protection. However, some viruses are stronger and may require larger doses given intravenously (100,000 to 150,000 mg daily). Vitamin C helps the body to make its own antioxidant, glutathione, as well assists the body in the production of its own antiviral called interferon. If IV vitamin C is not available there have been cases where some people have gradually increased their oral dose up to 50,000 mg daily before reaching bowel tolerance. Powdered or crystal forms of high quality ascorbic acid can be taken five grams (5,000 mg) at a time, every four hours. Every virus seems to respond to this type of treatment, regardless of whether it is SARs, Bird flu, Swine flu or the new Coronavirus flu.
2) Vitamin D3 Vitamin D helps fend off flu, asthma attacks, American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, March 10, 2010. This was a double-blind placebo controlled study where the treatment group consumed 1,200 IU of vitamin D3 during the cold and flu season, while the control group took a placebo. The vitamin D group had a 58% reduced risk of flu. Vitamin D3 is also very effective in the treatment of virus/flu infections: Vitamin D3 helps our body to make an antibiotic protein called cathelicidin, which is known to kill viruses, bacteria, fungi and parasites.
Vitamin D deficiency for adults is 42%, but this is incorrect because the standards are too low. Levels of 30-50 ng/ml are said to be adequate, but every scientific study has shown that levels of 50-100 ng/ml are needed for true protection.
Diet and sunshine are good sources of vitamin D, but most people need to supplement, especially during flu season. Between 5,000-10,000 IU daily is often recommended in the form of a quality liquid supplement.
When you get the flu, Dr. John Cannel recommends taking 50,000 IU daily for the first 5 days, and then 5.000-10,000 IU as a maintenance dose.
3) Silver Silver Kills Viruses, Journal of Nanotechnology, October 18, 2005. This study found that silver nanoparticles kills HIV-1 and virtually any other viruses. The study was jointly conducted by the University of Texas and Mexico University. After incubating HIV-1 virus at 98.6 F, the silver particles killed 100% of the virus within 3 hours. Silver employs a unique mechanism of action to kill viruses.
Silver binds to the membrane of the virus, limiting its oxygen supply and suffocating it.
Silver also binds to the DNA of the virus cell, preventing it from multiplying.
Silver is also able to prevent the transfer of the virus from one person to another by blocking the ability of the virus to find a host cell to feed on. All viruses need host cells to survive.
Colloidal silver can also be used at doses of 10-20 ppm. Nanoparticle silver is preferred.
The best defense against swine flu, bird flu or the new coronavirus may be a few teaspoons of silver every day. Bacteria and viruses cannot develop a resistance like many other treatments can. Silver disables a vital enzyme and mechanism in pathogens, so they cannot survive.
Other evidence-based herbal strategies for the flu
In addition to the previously mentioned vitamin strategies for preventing and treating virus-related illnesses, there are several herbal remedies that are also effective. Here are a few with proven scientific evidence behind them:
Elderberry A study published in the Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine found elderberry can be used as a safe and effective treatment for influenza A and B.
Calendula A study by the University of Maryland Medical Center found that ear drops containing calendula can be effective for treating ear infections in children.
Astragulus root Scientific studies have shown that Astragulus has anti-viral properties and stimulates the immune system. One study in the Chinese Medical Sciences Journal concluded that Astragulus is able to inhibit the growth of coxsackie B virus.
Licorice root is gaining popularity for the prevention and treatment of diseases, such as hepatitis C, HIV and influenza. (The Chinese Journal of Virology published a review of these findings.)
Olive leaf has been proven effective in the treatment of cold and flu viruses, meningitis, pneumonia, hepatitis B, malaria, gonorrhea and tuberculosis. One study at the New York University School of Medicine found that olive leaf extracts reversed many HIV-1 infections.
These are just some of the many anti-viral agents that should be included in everyone’s home remedy medicine chest. It may also be helpful to know which foods can provide the best anti-vital protection. Certain foods can provide strong anti-viral production. Some of the strongest foods in this category include: Wild blueberries, Sprouts, Cilantro, Coconut oil, Garlic, Ginger, Sweet potatoes, Turmeric, Red clover, Parsley, Fennel, Pomegranates, Kale.
Conclusion It is a generally accepted fact that once a virus is in the body it very seldom leaves. The medications, vitamins and herbs that have been proven to be effective simply suppress the virus and limit its ability to reproduce. A strong immune system is the key to preventing and/or successfully treating any chronic illness. The key elements of this protection program include:
Eat a plant-based whole food diet with very limited animal products.
Add daily nutritional supplements such as a multiple vitamin/mineral, 2000 mg of vitamin C with bioflavonoids, maintain vitamin D3 levels of 50-90 ng/mL, 1000-2000 mg of Omega 3 oils, a vitamin B complex and about 400 mg of magnesium depending on your level of exercise.
Avoid toxins and use detoxification programs periodically.
Regular daily exercise-aerobic, resistance and flexibility.
Avoid stress by stretching, breathing exercises and/or meditation to manage stress.
Wash your hands with soap and water after touching areas that have been touched by others.
For the home, there is a new product, PureGreen24, that kills Staph, MRSA and most viruses within two minutes. This product has an EPA IV toxicity rating and is safe and effective for hospitals as well as for children and pets at home.
For more information: https://www.massagewarehouse.com/products/puregreen24-disinfectant/
Avoid touching your face.
Avoid anyone who is experiencing flu and cold symptoms.
At the first signs of any cold or flu symptoms begin a fairly aggressive treatment protocol. The sooner treatment begins the better the chance that the infection can be stopped and/or controlled.
By adhering to these basic anti-viral strategies, it is possible to greatly reduce the risk of these virus-related illnesses, as well as most other illnesses.
About the Author Charles Bens has a Ph.D. in nutrition and uses Functional Medicine as the foundation for his wellness consulting company Healthy at Work in Sarasota, Florida. He uses nutritional education, along with other natural wellness tools, to help employees make difficult lifestyle changes such as losing weight, smoking cessation or the prevention and reversal of chronic illnesses such as Type 2 diabetes. In this article Dr. Bens presents the compelling science behind Functional Medicine, which clearly illustrates that this natural approach is safer, more effective and much less costly then the conventional approaches used by most employers and their healthcare providers.
Disclaimer: The information listed on this website is intended to provide important natural-based health information only. Nothing found there should be interpreted as personal medical advice. Always consult with your doctor before changing anything related to your healthcare.